Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

This is my blog for the 23 Things project of the Chester County Library System. I never really thought I'd ever have much to say on a blog, but it's amazing what an incentive an MP3 player can be!

Today I learned about the 7 1/2 Habits of Successful Lifelong Learners. The easiest of these habits for me is "accept responsibility for your own learning", as I have always been a very responsible person, never shifting blame and responsibility away from myself. The hardest of these habits would probably be "teach/mentor others". Perhaps I'm too focused on the things I need to do for myself that I have difficulty teaching others, especially when it involves a skill that I don't believe I have mastered myself. I'm also not a very perceptive person, so it's often difficult for me to recognize where others are making mistakes and what problems need to be corrected. I am always willing to try to help when asked, however, and will do so readily during this 23 Things process.

No comments: